How Carequality Supports MIPS Requirements
In 2021, CMS launched a new alternative Promoting Interoperability measure for the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System. This is good news for the Carequality community. Carequality Connections may fulfill the “HIE Bi-directional Exchange” measure – a yes/no attestation worth 40 points – when they share health information via the Carequality Interoperability Framework.
If your organization both initiates and responds to queries from other participating organizations in Carequality, then you may request a letter of support from Carequality for the “HIE Bi-directional Exchange” measure. Interested organizations may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your request for a letter:
- Your organization name as you would like it to appear in the letter;
- The name you appear in the Carequality Directory, if different than for the letter;
- The name of your Implementer for Carequality Connectivity;
- Your EHR Vendor, if different from your Implementer; and
- The year that you first began exchange through Carequality.
To review the detail about the alternative measure visit the link below:
- Federal Register with the specific data: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/12/28/2020-26815/medicare-program-cy-2021-payment-policies-under-the-physician-fee-schedule-and-other-changes-to-part#p-3889
Please keep in mind that Requirements may change each Performance Year (PY) due to policy changes.