***This Vacancy Is Now Closed***
Apply Now For The Executive Director, Carequality and Vice President!
If you are interested, please review the detailed job description below and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Executive Director, Carequality and Vice President
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Supervisory Responsibility: Carequality Program Manager, Carequality Associate Program Manager
The Vice President and Executive Director of Carequality serves as a senior executive in the company supporting its programs and initiatives and providing services to its affiliates.
In the capacity of the Carequality Executive Director, this individual plays an integral role in shaping the future direction and growth of the leading nationwide framework that enables health data sharing between and among health information networks and service providers. This role is responsible for developing the operational, financial, and marketing plans for Carequality, with guidance and oversight. This role is responsible for executing on these plans once developed and approved. This role will also lead the Carequality product and service strategy and define a multi-year road map that adapts to a dynamic and evolving market, conducting periodic market and industry research along identifying associated trends and best practices.
This Executive Director serves as the public spokesperson for Carequality, and as such, is an expert in the field of health information exchange.
What is Carequality?
Carequality provides a national-level, consensus-built, common interoperability framework to enable exchange between and among health data sharing networks. Carequality brings together a diverse group of representatives, including electronic health record (EHR) vendors, record locator service (RLS) providers and other types of existing networks from the private sector and government, to determine technical and policy agreements to enable data to ﬂow between and among networks, platforms, and geographies, much like the telecommunications industry did for linking cell phone networks.
- Plan, lead, and manage the strategic planning of Carequality, with consultation from the Carequality Steering Committee and oversight from the Board of Directors
- Develop and execute action plans that fulfill the strategic plan, align with long-term business objectives, and respond to industry demands; allocate resources and manage finances to achieve strategies
- Present the strategic road map and recurring performance metrics to internal executive leadership team, the Carequality Board of Directors, and the Carequality Steering Committee
- Responsible for financial management of Carequality to achieve desired strategic outcomes: operate within the budget, maximize efficient resource management, and maintain a positive financial position; submit proposed annual budget and accurate financial statements to the Board
- Develop revenue models and assure continued growth and sustainability of the company
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Carequality framework including policies, process, committees, workgroups, directories, and certificates
- Collaborate with stakeholders to educate policymakers regarding the role that Carequality plays in furthering public policy goals
- Build long-term relationship with key industry and governmental organizations in an effort to expand stakeholder engagement and enhance, broaden, and market Carequality
- Explore new opportunities to expand Carequality’s portfolio and broaden Carequality’s reach, e.g. market analysis, new cases, etc.
- Define and develop go-to-market strategies, business development approaches, and product marketing strategy plans in consultation with company leadership and the committee which governs the Carequality Framework, the Carequality Steering Committee
- Develop and implement a full strategic product marketing plan for Carequality, in coordination with the Marketing team
- Deliver presentations, drive the development of marketing materials, and represent the Carequality at conferences and other meetings
- Work in collaboration with the Carequality team to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction, solid network function, and performance
- Recommend hiring staff; supervise, train, motivate and develop staff; promote an environment of teamwork to achieve market development, membership and sponsorship targets and better serve customers
- Model the company’s and code of conduct; manage resources and business objectives in compliance with policies and standards
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of Health Information Technology (HIT) and interoperability withunderstanding of healthcare workflow, data connectivity, interoperability principles & standards, and related communication protocols
- Excellent technical, management and analytical skills and the ability to understand Carequality’s services and associated processes
- Excellent public speaking capabilities in front of large audiences, with the ability to represent Carequality to the media
- Excellent personal presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with strong collaboration and customer focus
- Ability to multi-task in rapidly evolving environment, in extremely condensed timeframes
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and sound judgment
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to motivate & develop a team
- Financial skills (P&L, pricing, contract evaluation) with strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Results orientation
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters’ degree in a Healthcare, Business or Technology related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years of health information technology experience
- 3-5 years launching and leading new large-scale programs or rollouts of EHR / HIE technology & implementation experience
- Project Management experience required; Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Pragmatic Product Management certifications desired
- 5+ years managing a product line and department, including having responsibility for P&L
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time to include typing and working on a computer monitor
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extended working hours and travel may be necessary
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs.