***THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED***
Apply Now For The New Operations Manager Position!
Carequality is seeking an operations manager to join the team! This is a newly created role. If you are interested, please review the detailed job description below and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Carequality Operations Manager
Reports to: Carequality Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A currently; may have direct reports in the future
The Operations Manager is a newly added role to the Carequality team and serves as the lead staff responsible for operational support of Carequality Framework Implementers and Connections. The Manager works in consultation with the Executive Director (ED), Steering Committee (SC), and Board of Directors.
The Manager works with the ED to develop and maintain operational processes, policies, and procedures for Carequality; assists in obtaining approval or adoption from the SC as necessary; and oversees the execution of the processes, policies, and procedures by both internal staff and Carequality participant organizations.
This position is currently remote; preferably located in the Vienna, VA corporate office.
What is Carequality?
Carequality provides a national-level, consensus-built, common interoperability framework to enable exchange between and among health data-sharing networks. Carequality brings together a diverse group of representatives, including electronic health record (EHR) vendors, record locator service (RLS) providers, and other types of existing networks from the private sector and government, to determine technical and policy agreements to enable data to flow between and among networks, platforms, and geographies, much like the telecommunications industry did for linking cell phone networks.
- Develop and maintain internal process documentation in support of Carequality’s health information exchange operations, including identifying new process needs and overseeing the development of new processes.
- Maintain Carequality Policy documents adopted by the SC as Carequality Elements, in consultation with the SC, ED, and Implementer community, including tracking, prioritizing, and implementing amendments to the policies
- Identify additional Carequality Policies needed to meet operational needs, based on the requirements of internal processes and in consultation with the ED, SC, and Implementer community
- Collaborate with the ED and Program Managers to identify, track, prioritize, and implement necessary amendments to Carequality Use Case Implementation Guides in support of operational needs
- Oversee the operations of the Carequality Directory, liaising with IT personnel as needed
- Oversee Carequality operations with respect to digital certificates, liaising with IT staff and third-party contract personnel as needed
- Oversee participant compliance with onboarding requirements, including application processes, functional testing, and connectivity validation
- Oversee participant compliance with ongoing validation requirements, including updates to application materials, and ongoing connectivity verification
- Ensure the availability and consistent operation of the Carequality non-production testing ecosystem, in collaboration with Carequality participants
- Assist Carequality participants and other Carequality staff in coordinating for technical troubleshooting, resolving minor disagreements, and addressing user experience challenges
- Facilitate the Carequality Implementer bi-weekly technical forum, including setting agendas, developing presentation materials, and leading discussion
- Oversee monitoring of Carequality’s Slack channels and ensure that all issues and questions are directly addressed or routed to the appropriate forum for resolution
- Assist the ED in executing Carequality’s Dispute Resolution Process, including processes for supporting the Dispute Resolution Subcommittee and ensuring its appropriate constitution
- Report to the SC, Advisory Council, and other governance committees as necessary on operational considerations, including assisting in the development of meeting agendas and presentation materials
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead operational work for a rapidly growing and evolving program on a nationwide scale, in a highly visible setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work through complex operational issues toward timely resolution, in a setting that requires coordinating across multiple parties including senior level leadership
- Ability to adapt quickly to complex culture and develop successful professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and within strict time constraints and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to deal well with change and ambiguity
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in health IT, with at least 2 years’ experience in health information exchange operations
- At least 2 years’ experience with Carequality operations, as Carequality staff, Implementer staff, or Carequality Connection staff preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extended working hours and overnight travel may be necessary; approximate travel: 10%
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs.