The Steering Committee is responsible for Carequality’s strategic direction, and for the development and oversight of the Carequality interoperability framework.
The Steering Committee specifically has responsibility for:
- Governing the work of Carequality to assure that the work group and Advisory Council activities are conducted in a manner consistent with Carequality’s vision and principles.
- Manage the work of Carequality to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within an annual Carequality budget.
- Establishing work groups and corresponding work group charters that define the work group composition, scope, deliverables and timeframes for completing its work.
- Evaluating, prioritizing and adopting new use cases.
- Seeking input and recommendations from the Carequality Advisory Council and other stakeholders, to assure broad stakeholder input.
- Maintaining a definitive list of use cases and other deliverables, to assure clear versioning of such work, developed and maintained by Carequality.
- Coordinating with standards development organizations, policy-related endeavors and other federal and industry initiatives to help align the standards and specifications employed by the Carequality with other like efforts.
- Overseeing other centralized functions supported for Carequality.
- Overseeing a process, as needed, to address questions or disputes regarding any Carequality deliverable.
- Evaluating ongoing program effectiveness on a periodic basis and implement process improvements over time.
The following individuals are members of the Steering Committee:
|Member Name||Organization||Stakeholder Group Represented|
|Jay Nakashima||eHealth Exchange||Networks|
|Jennifer Blumenthal||OneRecord||Consumer-facing tech|
|John Loonsk||APHL||Public Health|
|Melissa Ayres||SSA||Federal Agency|
|Mike Baillie||United Healthcare||Payer|
|Ryan Bramble||CRISP||HIE organization|
|Ryan Howells||CARIN Alliance||Consumer|
|Samir Jain||Teladoc Health||Healthcare Provider Org|
|Steven Lane||Sutter Health||Provider Organization|