The Carequality Steering Committee announced the results of its latest election. The Steering Committee is responsible for Carequality’s strategic direction, and for the development and oversight of the Carequality Interoperability Framework. The Carequality Interoperability Framework was published in December 2015 and has since been adopted by dozens of leading healthcare information networks. Carequality’s implementing networks share more than 300 million clinical documents a month, between over 4,200 hospitals and 50,000 clinics.
With input from the Carequality Advisory Council and other stakeholders, the Committee manages the work of Carequality, including adoption of new use cases and settling key decisions regarding our consensus-built Framework.
The new members have terms starting the beginning of September 2022, continuing through September 2024. Those members are as follows:
- Ryan Bramble, CRISP
- Paul Wilder, CommonWell Health Alliance
- Lucy Johns, Health Care Planning & Policy
- Nancy Beavin, Humana
- Lukasz Nosol, UnitedHealth Group
- Roshan Mathew, MD, Advanced Cardiology of Owensboro
- Steven Lane, MD, Health Gorilla
- Jennifer Blumenthal, OneRecord
- John Blair, III, MD, MedAllies
- Greg Carey, athenahealth
- Vicky Parikh, MD, Medstar Shah Medical Group
- Hans Buitendijk, Cerner Corporation (Oracle subsidiary)
Continuing members with terms through September 2023 are as follows:
- Jay Nakashima, eHealth Exchange
- Matt Becker, Kno2
- Matt Reid, American Medical Association
- Melissa Ayres, Social Security Association
- Rob Klootwyk, Epic
- Ryan Howells, CARIN Alliance
Congratulations to the elected committee members!