Apply Now for Query-Based Document Exchange Implementation Guide Update Workgroup
We are looking for leaders and subject matter experts to contribute to the future of health data sharing by joining the 2018 Query-Based Document Exchange Implementation Guide Updates Workgroup, known as the 2018 IG Updates WG. To ensure a diverse and inclusive workgroup, we are accepting volunteers from Carequality members and non-members.
As the needs of the Carequality Implementer community evolve, the Query-Based Document Exchange Implementation Guide must evolve as well. To this end, Carequality frequently convenes working groups to propose improvements on issues such as document content and support for patient requests. The new 2018 IG Updates WG will propose updates to the Query-Based Document Exchange Implementation Guide based on the recommendations of these prior working groups.
In pursuing its work, the 2018 IG Updates WG should produce the following deliverables:
- Updates to the Query-Based Document Exchange Implementation Guide that implement the recommendations of the Joint Document Content Work Group, including:
- An operational approach for verifying compliance with any document content requirements
- A method to process any accusations of noncompliance among Implementers, including communications processes to provide awareness of the situation for affected organizations
- Updates to the Query-Based Document Exchange Implementation Guide based on the recommendations of the Advancing Patient Queries Working Group
- Additional policy specifications around patient queries that will facilitate adoption
The scope of the 2018 IG Updates WG is limited to changes within the Query-based Document Exchange Implementation Guide. If authority is needed to change any other framework document or Implementer document, the workgroup may petition the Steering Committee at their monthly meeting.
Members of the workgroup will join weekly calls where relevant matters will be discussed and (if necessary) voted on. Members are encouraged to collaborate between meetings with each other in a dedicated online forum. The weekly meetings will reference the ongoing forum conversation (if any), so members are strongly encouraged to stay abreast of the discussion (as well as engage in the online conversation).
The workgroup will be constituted and hold its first meeting by October 26th at the latest. It will meet as needed, likely on a weekly basis, over approximately a five-month period, with deliverables (described above) made available for Advisory Council and Steering Committee review.
Email email@example.com to learn more.